add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

System Reporting Seemingly Inaccurate Temps

thedarknerd
  • 13 months ago

My PC is reporting GPU and CPU temps in excess of 100 degrees (Cam, Afterburner, Bios all say the same) with no load. However, I have a brand new CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler installed, confirmed working. The fans on the GPU (EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti) are stationary with no load and run properly during a stress test (which reports temps in excess of 300 degrees).

My pc is in a cold room (around 50-60 degrees average in the winter). Further, I've opened the case when temps reported were both 100 and 300 degrees, nothing felt even remotely warm to the touch.

Attempted resolutions so far:

• Made sure my bios is updated and current
  • Did a full PC reset
  • Tried a stress test (again showed 300 degree+ temps, but DID NOT shut down)
  • Reinstalled Cam and Afterburner

Current PC Specs

Windows 10 64 Bit Intel i5 7600k 3.80GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti MSI Z20 gaming pro carbon motherboard Corsair H100i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

Please help! I feel like the temps are clearly inaccurate, but I also don't want to cook my pc!

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

Seems like you have a faulty temp sensor on both the cpu and gpu

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

The only time I had stupid temps like that was because of poor airflow in the case. Your CPU and GPU may indeed be working and keeping things cool in that respect, but how is air moving through your case over the temp sensors. If the air doesn't move and sits stagnant you get stupid results.

Also don't rely on software to tell your temps, look in the BIOS.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

First sentence says he check the temps in the bios

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube