add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build not POSTing

Zowayix
  • 12 months ago

Part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Zowayix/saved/hg7PsY

Just finished putting everything together… all that and nothing. No video, no speaker beeps (none of those components included a speaker but I had one on hand). However, the power light is on, the case fan and CPU cooler turn on, as do the video card fans if I plug that in (but no video from that or the motherboard), and if I plug the optical drive in, that receives power too (as I can open and close it).

I've tried removing the video card, and that did nothing, but I ended up accidentally snapping off the clip on the right side of the PCI-e slot in the process, so that doesn't give me a good impression of the motherboard's quality (feeling grumbly right now). I hope that won't screw me over if I have to do anything involving warranty, although I did follow the instructions as they are, so… I guess I did all the right things there, and it just decided it didn't like being attached. So that's annoying.

I've also removed all the RAM and it doesn't beep at me like I expected it to, just does the same thing.

Double checked that the 24V cable and EPS cable are both plugged in.

What's interesting is that it doesn't shut down afterwards. It just stays like this until I turn it off myself, and I've had it running for several minutes while making this post to make sure it's not just taking a long time to boot the first time or something silly like that.

So I guess it's one of motherboard/CPU/power supply (which are all new) but not sure which one?

Edit: Should probably mention that I have no idea of knowing if the video card and RAM actually work, since those were found in cabinets and had been sitting there for a year or more, and I have no desktop PC to test it in (if I could use either with my laptops I would). Although I removed them both anyway.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

All I can advise is to try it with only the CPU, and a single stick of RAM installed. Try both dimms as one maybe bad. Also try multiple RAM slots. Finally make sure you have the 24V connector plugged in and not a PCIE connector.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube