add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installed a New GPU and now almost everything is not working.

CoolColorBlack

9 months ago

I just bought an RTX 2080 and when I installed it into my computer, my monitors are not displaying anything and my mouse and keyboard has no power. All my fans and the lights I have in the computer are running fine. I've already tried putting my old GPU back in I've got nothing, I've tried using the onboard video card to try and delete the old GPU drivers and again nothing. I tried to reset the CMOS and that didn't work too. Is there anything else I can to get this to work again, before I have to buy a new one. thanks

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

What GPU did you upgrade from? If I had to guess based off of your symptoms, you're new GPU is more power-hungry and as such your Power Supply might not have enough juice to run your whole system. Keep in mind if you OC you may use more power than advertised by the manufacturers of your parts, and even if you're not OC-ing then its nice to have some extra headroom with the PSU

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Breadboard it.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube