add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fortnite Hate Discussion

SicɅrius

7 months ago

Would like to hear your reasons as to why so many people hate fortnite. With an actual reason (removal of weapon, feature, tired of it etc...)

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 18 points

Fortnite is one of the best things to happen to gaming in years even though I don't play personally.

When it hit big suddenly all the toxic people declined in all the other games.

• 7 months ago
  • 9 points

Meh, it’s a video game. Play whatever interests you and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 7 months ago
  • 6 points

Im glad all the screamers are ditching Minecraft in favor of Fortnite. It seems like this day and age, Minecraft nostalgia is at an all-time high.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

With an actual reason (removal of weapon, feature, tired of it etc...)

The animation style makes me want to rip out my eyeballs. Add that to the ridiculous building feature. Yeah...no.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Same here, could never really like the building system or just how the weapons felt in general.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I think my problem was I started on PUBG and even though it had / has MANY flaws, it was more realistic. Going from that to the completely unrealistic Fortnite building system just killed it for me. If you want cover, find cover. You can't make it in two seconds, lol.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm stealing the post from someone else, and summarizing it horribly, but someone else basically stated it as thus:

Fornite is the best thing to happen to gaming. After its inception and subsequent popularity, the toxicity and trolls of all other games has more than halved, since the ****** attitudes of all the worst members of every gaming community have all switched over to fortnite. Since then, everyone I've talked to and played with have been respectful, cooperative, and approachable. So yeah, fortnite is great or whatever. Just keep playing fortnite and leave my minecraft server alone.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I actually believe this is true. Playing Overwatch I obviously still encounter very toxic individuals (it is Overwatch after all) but I feel like I've been meeting less of them since Fortnite has been mainstream.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Paladins (similar to OW) has significantly decreased in the amount of toxic trolls, haven't heard any smack talk for a while now. I'll constantly get cooperative teams in ranked for once because of Fortnite. The feeling is wonderful.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Bloom. The freaking bloom. My crosshair is on someone perfectly but the bullets don't hit 99% of the time while theirs hit every time. It makes me rage.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

20 years ago people were playing Quake 3 Arena , a supreme test of skill over multiple maps, no stats, no squads, no cartoon hats, no microtransactions, and if a 9 year old logged on they were only there because their big bro or dad was teaching them.

Now it's snot nose whiney kids flossing and spending their mums credit card money, while they distort the gaming market in favour of unskilled, casual, cartoonish trash.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Overrated and filled with little screaming demons

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

I remember when people said this about Minecraft. Now they're nostalgic for it. In 10 years everyone will be nostalgic for Fortnite.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

God, I hope not...

EDIT: I mean, people aren't nostalgic over Call of Duty, so I doubt Fortnite will be the same as Minecraft.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

people aren't nostalgic over Call of Duty

MWI, MWII, and MWIII fans would like to know your location.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

World at war is very nostalgic for me

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I mean kids used to play minecraft, and now kids are playing Fortnite. and some people are nostolgic over some COD games, just not as much as minecraft

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

To be fair, those Minecraft kids grew up into young adults and whatnot so their nostalgia factor is hella high. I get nostalgia just from hearing music from the Wii era cuz of all the memories the console gives me.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

"little kids enjoy it and that makes me mad!"

Just like minecraft before it, because so many kids play fortnite and knowing most kids dont have the highest amount of maturity the game gets associated as "the game where you hear kids squeal "

It probably doesn't help that 95% of popular fortnite youtubers make terrible videos to pander to said children, creating a great cycle of what the 15 year olds would say "cringe".

( also some people dont like kids doing fortnite dances )

I personally dont get the appeal, i mean its just one map, one game mode, weapons barely change its just not fun to me. However you'll never find me joining some "fortnite hate mob" because thats worse than any 9 year old pewdiepie fan copyrighting a dance move.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

one game mode

50v50, playgrounds, creative, snipers only. Literally they had one special mode for 14 days during 14 days of fortnite that was in the beginning of January and late December

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Solos

Duos

Trios

Squads

Sneaky Silencers (Solos, Duos, Squads)

Sniper Shootout (Solos , Duos, Squads)

Ground game (S,D,SQ)

High Explosives

Fly Explosives

Close Encounters

Shooting tests 1 and 2

One-shot

Playground

Creative

50v50

Final Fight

Food Fight

Teams of 20, 12, 8.

Wild West (S,D,SQ)

Slide

Blitz

Soaring Solos

Soaring 50s

Score Royale

The Getaway

etc, etc.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

why so many people hate fortnite

It's popular, which makes it more polarizing (either you love it or you hate it).

Your reasons

Short version? Not my kind of game and I'm sick of hearing about how great it is, legal battles, etc.

Longer version: I have a tendency to not like most e-sports oriented titles because of the focus on competition it can create even among people who will never be able to even hit 50th percentile. I play to win, sure, but the first focus for me is to have fun and I don't find the grinding, study, and dealing with competitively focused (even to the point of hurting their chances to win, or being outright toxic) teammates to be fun. So I've never had much interest in Battle Royale games, especially because on top of all that there are elements of RNG in terms of other players and spawns that I don't care for either.

So then comes Fortnite. Everything is suddenly Fortnite. Mention you play video games and people respond, "Oh, like Fortnite?" or "So you play Fortnite?" Go to tech forums or news articles and you see "Fortnite on the new Galaxy!" and people asking how they can build their little brother a PC out of bubble gum and toothpicks to play Fortnite. People make Fortnite jokes on YouTube videos you watch. Fortnite videos show up in your recommendations. Mainstream news talks about Fortnite.

I don't have any interest in Fortnite. It's not my kind of game. So I'll wait, since every fad has an end... or at least a point where it dies down and doesn't define entire hobbies or get shoehorned into everything.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

every fad has an end

What if it becomes mainstream like CSGO

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Then it's no longer a fad. CSGO doesn't take up the same mindshare in the public consciousness it once did, but still has a stable competitive scene. Honestly, that's the direction I expect (and hope) Fortnite goes: waning popularity and mindshare in the general consciousness as the world moves to the Next Big Thing, and Fortnite eventually finds some level of stability.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Cringe factor, the dances, etc. Very weird/strange art style. Mediocre combat mechanics with way too much HP.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Software > Games / Gaming".

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I played it for a brief stint. I never played in random squads, only with friends or alone, so I've no experience concerning the toxicity. I found the building mechanics to be difficult, the RNG in fights or finding good loot was annoying and the fighting didn't feel skillful, more like whoever builds faster wins. I'm not a great player in any multiplayer game I play but, I at least want to push myself to feel like there some kind of improvement.

I don't know why the esports thing is being pushed with Fortnite. It didn't feel competitive at all compared to say, Overwatch or CS:GO.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It feels like a kids game to me. The art style, the stupid dances, the building, the mechanics I just couldn't take it seriously.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

not a bad game, but when compared to triple A titles it can't compete.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube