add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC Build. Everything turns on but no display

Dillon9876

12 months ago

Update the PC is on booted up after I got an older CPU do I could update the bios on the mmotherboard. Amd didn't help and did not get me a boot kit so I had to buy another Cpu. So top notch customer service from them. I appreciate you guys who helped me figure out what was yes with it.

First boot up the computer I turn on the display on a monitor that for sure works fans and stuff turn on but the screen is black. I switched to the motherboard HDMI still no display. This is only my second time building a PC so I am very new at this stuff. I pulled the video card out and put in an older card that was sitting around. This card didn't have a pcie slot on it, it's like a GTX 750 I think. But still same problem. This build I'm using a modular power supply for the first time. I could have hook up the cord wrong. The power supply is cosair 750cm. And it has a pcie cord and on the other end is a 6+2 connector and I plugged the 6+2 side into the gpu the gpu oy has a six pin slot and I plugged the other end into the PSU under the pcie section. So I could really use some help I would rather not have to take it to someone to figure what I did wrong

The problem was the amd processor and motherboard were different gens the board was 2nd and the processor was 3rd Gen. The picklist thing said they were compatible and I want with it. It was my mistake of rushing the buying process and not reading the description carefully. So now I am waiting for amd to send me a boot kit. So lesson learned read description and don't rush buying the parts.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 3 points

If you have not already done so, I recommend checking your front panel connectors first (especially PW_SW).

For good measure, unplug and reseat 24-pin power, 8-pin CPU power, and the 6+2 pin PCIe power.

Unplug & reseat RAM.

Lastly, CLR_CMOS.

Fire it back and up let us know what happens. Will go from there.

A question, does your monitor have more than one HDMI on the back? If so, you can also try another HDMI plug.

• 12 months ago
  • 3 points
  • 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man got it up and running much appreciated

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Then there can be a few things wrong ur PSU is bricked UR CPU is bricked, Ur MOBO is bricked ur GPu is fine because when u replaced it worked Ur monitor is str8 trash (Broken)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube