• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ABowlofLife 12 days ago

My second $20 headset has died on me and since I have built a high end computer recently I think its time for a high end gaming headset. My budget is $200 but can go over if need be.

Comments Sorted by:

ImperiousBattlestar 4 points 12 days ago

Get a decent headphone amp, and some top of the line cans (from Massdrop) and you should be all set

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Other FiiO K3 DSD USB-C DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Home and Computer(3.5mm Single Ended/2.5mm Balanced/Coaxial and Optical Digital Outs) … $109.99
Other Massdrop x Sennheiser HD6XX $199.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $309.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-06 23:05 EST-0500
ABowlofLife submitter 1 point 11 days ago

You know any good headphones with backs, I got birds and I like to block out there noise.

I have been checking out this headset for a while and I would like your opinion on it if you don't mind. [ https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-pro-gamedac#arctis-pro-gamedac ]

I don't really care for the mic because I plan on getting a separate one in the future

ImperiousBattlestar 1 point 11 days ago

Probably wouldn't get that, just get a set of decent closed-back cans and an external mic (like a Blue Yeti or something similar) and you should be all set

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Headphones Sony - MDR-7506 Headphones $99.99 @ Adorama
Other Blue Yeti Nano Premium USB Mic for Recording and Streaming - Shadow Grey $99.00 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $198.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-07 16:47 EST-0500
slkipp 1 Build 3 points 12 days ago

IN addition to what Battlestar said, K3 and 6XX are both amazing products. There's also the HD58X (massdrop)

There's the Sivga SV007, and now the SV004 (add velour pads to both, don't use the stock pads)

And for closed-back, Audio-Technica M40X (though it 100% needs better earpads), the Status Audio CB-1, Monoprice Retros.

Most modern high-end computers should do just fine with these headphones.

Jeff_M 1 Build 1 point 11 days ago

For the mic, if you prefer a headset one, I like my V-moda Boompro. I've not had any other mics to compare directly, but from what I've heard it's quite good quality when I'm in a discord or game chat.

Thanks for the info but I just care for audio I will be buying a high tier mic to use