add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cant figure out where these cables go on my mobo?

NoWards
  • 12 months ago

I've been building almost all day and I'm getting frustrated.... These connections came with my computer chase and I assume they're too power on my computer. https://imgur.com/a/x6hXPWQ

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

That blue connector is the usn 3.0 connector, it should go into the usb 3.0 header on your motherboard. The other cables are your front panel connectors, there should be a guide in the motherboard manual to where they should go.

• 12 months ago
  • 0 points

I cant seem to find the guide in my manual.... I also cant find the USB 3.0 input on the motherboard... I'm getting frustrated and I dont want to take it in to a shop to get worked on..

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

NoWards,

For USB 3.1 connector, see also page 1-16 (paragraph 8). The plug only plugs in one way...mind the notch to ensure it goes in the right direction.

For front panel/system panel connectors, see also page 1-20 (paragraph 13). Each of the 2-pin connectors is labeled and will need to be plugged into the matching pins according to the drawing. Best to plan this out first so you know where you want to plug each of the pins in. And match up the + and - to match as well. Yes, you will need to plug these in, especially PWRSW which goes to the power switch on your case to tell the computer/mobo to turn/power on.

Does this help?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube