add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Headset problems

Datz7200
  • 12 months ago

So people in discord are saying they can hear my games through my system audio loud and clear. They can even hear it if I mute my sounds. However, when I researched this, I found that the solution for this is to use an audio and mic port in the back of the PC. But when I use a splitter to connect my headset, the mic port is easy to find, but I don't know which of the remaining 5 ports to use my headphone speaker jack on. I don't know if this helps, but the ports are labeled: 1. L-in 2. L-out 3. RS-out 4. CS-out 5. SS-out My microphone is plugged into the "mic" port. PS, i have previously had to use a USB that creates an Audio/Mic port, attached to a adapter, for my single jack headset. This was because my microphone port on the front of the PC is broken. I COULD buy an additional cord to keep my microphone in the back, and run my speaker to the front, but i would rather not have to do this. Please, any help would be great.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

PS. Audio port 2. (L-Out) seems to be working, as the control panel recognizes my headset and mic separately, and it says it is detecting sounds. However I don't hear anything...

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you using any HD Audio drivers, or just the default windows ones?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I think im just using the default windows ones, but I don't know for sure. Sorry, computer knowledge obviously isn't my strong suit..

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

This is why I refuse to use 3.5 headsets. The different audio ports in the back are for surround sound systems. You should only be using the green (audio out) and pink (microphone). I suggest going to your motherboard support page, download the latest audio drivers. If this doesn't work get a usb to 3.5mm adapter, usually they fix all issues.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, my audio jack in the front of my PC (the green one) broke after the third day of using my case. Unfortunately I was too lazy to try and send it back. Are you talking about something like this: https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Converter-Adapter-Desktops/dp/B06XP5R449/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2V7SM0SEP5BUS&keywords=usb+to+3.5mm+jack+audio+adapter&qid=1549638281&s=Electronics&sprefix=usb+to+3.5mm%2Celectronics%2C148&sr=1-5

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

No, try this https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2USB-3-5mm-Audio-Adapter/dp/B00I6ILPPC im well aware your front audio out is broken, there should be one at the back as well

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube