add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I started a minecraft server

DaMysteryMan

7 months ago

Seeing how many people were interested in minecraft, and owning an 8 core CPU with absolutely nothing to do other than pushing 60 FPS, I set up an unofficial PCPP minecraft server! Connect at mcserver.tk It's not going to have very good uptime, but several people agreed on a previous thread we should set one up, so here it is!

Forgot to mention it's vanilla java 1.13.2

EDIT: It's up discord at https://discord.gg/HNKEh6k

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I notice it's down now. Do you/will you have a schedule for the times it will be up?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Software > Games / Gaming".

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

aww I own the Microsoft store version but not the java one!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I could be wrong but I thought that if you buy one you get the other. You should just be able to log in on Minecraft .com and download the Java version. I could be wrong.

Check DaMysteryMan's comment below.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

If you bought the java edition before a certain date last year I believe you have access to windows 10 edition, but not vice versa.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay that makes sense. Thanks.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I am interested. May hop on. Haven't played Minecraft much in the past few years and would like to hop on with some people that I actually have some form of history with.

But just to clarify something the "mcserver.tk" is the server address?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I hooked up a free domain to my IP so I don't have to hand it out to everyone. To get a domain that ends in .com, .net, .org, etc. is difficult, and costs money so I stuck with mcserver.tk to get it for free.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks. Is it up now? If it is I can hop on and see how lag and stability is.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It is up. feel free to hop on whenever and set yourself up, however nobody has joined yet so far.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll join sometime today after school and work.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

DM me when you are going to hop on. Got plenty of materials to help get you started.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do. It's been a bit since I've played so I gotta catch up on the updates.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Buggest change has been to the ocean. Other than that it's just been small changes and additions. When was the last time you played?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The last time I just hopped on and played was sometime in January 2018 I think.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Okay. Not much has changed since then. Again biggest thing is the ocean. I don't play often but I was able to just hop back in without any confusion. Cool part is that there is actually stuff to do in the ocean now. And loot to be had. Also there are several great caces for mining near spawn. Even a ravine that has plenty if survace iron and coal. So you will be able to get up and running very quickly.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you planning on adding any plugins/mods or are you just going to keep it vanilla? Personally, I think Essentials is a great simple plugin for every server if only for the purpose of /home.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Possibly... all I have currently is villager shopkeepers plugin, I probably will install a lag reducer later, however I don’t like the idea of being able to teleport out of danger that quickly.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

There's a feature where you can have a teleport delay before teleporting. You can set it so you have so stand still for x seconds before teleporting

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Neat. May look at it. But still, it kind of detracts form the vanilla experience.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

If you need help with spigot if you ever do that or need technical help just lmk. freenom op btw

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube