• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

catlicorice16 7 days ago

Finished my build. when i turn on power, internal LED lights light up, fans spinning, but BIOS doesn't come up. Monitor not getting any signal. I have no GPU installed... just using the DVI on the motherboard. Any suggestions? no beeping. indicator light on front of case lights up red when i press a key on keyboard. I also tried using HDMI cable instead of DVI (again into the motherboard... no GPU installed).... didn't help.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dHZX7W

Comments Sorted by:

thunder-93 5 points 7 days ago

You don’t have a signal because you don’t have a GPU. Ryzen 2700 does not come with integrated GPU either, so the DVI on the motherboard won’t do anything, If you had a CPU with integrated graphics (like Ryzen 2200G or 2400G), then the mobo display connectors would work. So, you’ll need to get a GPU.

thunder-93 1 point 7 days ago

would you like any suggestions on GPU options? Ryzen 2700 is a pretty gosh darn good CPU ... and I see you're getting 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD. Will this rig be for gaming, productivity, streaming, other? thoughts on budget for your GPU?

[comment deleted]
bucketofcrud12 2 Builds 2 points 7 days ago

you need a discrete GPU for use with that CPU. if you were not planning on gaming, then getting a cheap card, like a GT 1030 or maybe an RX 550 would be your best choice.

catlicorice16 submitter 1 point 6 days ago

Thanks. That was the issue. I have a GPU (6 screen).. business use. I just was still using in my old computer until got this one up & running. I'm set. thanks.

bucketofcrud12 2 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

sure thing. glad that its working!

thunder-93 1 point 6 days ago

Awesome!