add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Knagar
  • 12 months ago

I'm honestly not sure if I should post this here, or in the Case section.

I just buily a somewhat new rig, thanks again for all the help, but I've go this annoying case vibration that I don't know how to get rid of.

The case is a Corsair Carbide SPEC-06, great case with a black and red (LED) color scheme that I like. My last case was a Corsair Carbide 200R and I loved it, never had an issue like this with it. Corsair Carbide SPEC-06

This case on the other hand has a horrible vibration that I can't seem to find, or wouldn't even know how to fix if I could. I'm running a Corsair H55 Cooler, Four Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition fans, and they don't seem to be the issue. My GTX 1060 Dual is secure and doesn't seem to be the cause. I've got two mechanical drive, which I am working on replacing, which I can hear spinning, but am unsure if that is the cause.

Is this down to buying a cheap case and have to live with, or is their some trick to find and fix this darn vibration.

If it is a product of a cheap case, please suggest mid to full tower that would be a good replacement, money isn't an object at this point.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Check each part of the case buy pushing on each corner of your side panels and front panel. Make sure your fans are screwed in all the way but not too tight. Usually it's fan vibrations that cause something else to make noise.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are already planning on replacing the HDDs (I'm assuming with an SSD). I would wait for that to arrive and replace them first. If they were the problem then you will have fixed it. If you are planning on keeping them while using the SSD as a OS then remove them one at a time and see if one drive in particular is your problem.

Is the vibration constant at boot or does it only occur under a heavier load?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems to only happen when I am doing stuff, it's quiet as can been when it just sits idle at startup

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Try listening to some coil whine videos and see if that sounds similar to what you have. Also you can try these in the case fans. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BX91J3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube