• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

SackNPally 2 months ago

Hey everyone, I’m in the final stages of planning out my first PC build. As of right now, I’d just like some critiques on any last minute things I should change before ordering parts.

I plan on playing all big titles and RPG/MMOs at high settings. My budget is 1200-1300$ and unfortunately I have to be quite strict on that.

Feel free to harshly critique or give any bits of advice! Thanks everyone! https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SackNPally/saved/dfj6sY

Comments Sorted by:

pirigrin 2 points 2 months ago

did you look at the error, if so then thumbs up, go for it

SackNPally submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Sorry I’m new to building and using this website. What error are you talking about?

pirigrin 1 point 2 months ago

when you have 2 memory cards 2 sata (hard drive) ports stop working

RedWhiteMonkey 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Wrong, it refers to the M.2 slot, which is storage and nothing to do with memory. Using a M.2 slot will use up SATA ports but as the motherboard selected has 6 SATA ports this is not a problem.

i have no idea anyway

im also kind of new and have installed my first graphics card today!!

SackNPally submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Oh okay. So would this build not work then? I’m not quite sure what that means or how to remedy that. Sorry if I’m sounding oblivious, been a Mac user my whole life and never built a PC!

it should anyway

Sinsure 1 point 2 months ago

No its telling you if you have an m.2 it takes a sata port. For instant if it shares bandwidth with sata 1 thrn you plug ur next in sata 2 as sata 1 will not work. The error is really just for info its not a fatal type

GameFan12 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Sata ports 5 and 6 will be disabled on your motherboard when using the M.2 drive (it shares the bandwidth). That will still leave you with 4 open Sata ports. You're only going to use one more for your HDD, leaving you three open Sata connections at the end of your build. You can still add three more Sata devices in the future. Hope that helps.