• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ktran714 6 days ago

So I'm wondering if using three RTX 2080 Ti's will affect gameplay or how my pc runs in general because I wanna add a third RTX 2080 Ti so it can fully support a three monitor setup and the amount of pixels that will be.

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 5 Builds 3 points 6 days ago

I wanna add a third RTX 2080 Ti so it can fully support a three monitor setup and the amount of pixels

Don't really get this to be honest. why would 2 2080Ti's not "fully" support three monitors or even 1 2080TI for that matter when 3 would?

If your gaming which will likely use SLI which is limited to two way with Turing the third will not be doing much. Now if your doing other loads in parallel, or tasks which leverage more then 2 GPU's in non-sli configs, such as some rendering applications or what have you, then you can see scaling from the additional GPU.

ktran714 submitter 1 point 6 days ago

Due to the specs of the monitors that I wanna use I was told in the past that I might only be able to play games at low-medium settings if I use two RTXs, so I was checking to see if three RTXs would allow for ultra settings gameplay + supporting three monitors that runs at 144hz at a resolution of 2560x1440p each.

Radox-0 5 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

Is a trio of 1440p panels @ 144hz hard to drive, sure given the pixel count. But you will certainly be able to go past low and be more then able to crank up the settings with a pair of 2080Ti's. What you may not be able to achieve is everything maxed out while still doing 144hz. Settle for a lower FPS while notching up settings and you will get a very nice experience.

if I use two RTXs

Well that is your only option so not much else you can do regardless seeing SLI above two ways for games does not work (which is the most commonly used form of multi-GPU config's for games still) and even then support is meh. Adding a third 2080Ti is pointless.

Though you did have a reply to that effect in this thread: https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/303220-rtx-2080-ti-on-1440p-144hz-monitors

ktran714 submitter 1 point 5 days ago

Thanks

Tooth 1 Build 1 point 4 days ago

are you currently playing games on 3 monitors? If so, fewer games support triple monitors

ktran714 submitter 1 point 4 days ago

Oh that’s right. Thanks