• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

FMoh 6 days ago

Hi All, I am new to building a PC and wanted some advice & opinions.

Are these parts good for there price? Could the parts be replaced for something more efficient/cost effective?

Are they compatible together?

Will i have any future issues with this build?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jX3nV6

Comments Sorted by:

Zerk2012 1 Build 1 point 6 days ago

it should work but you might not get the memory to run full speed with that processor.

Depends on what the PC will be used for if it's a good buy. If it's just gaming you can get double the SSSD space for about the same price using a SATA SSD.

You can also usually get a RX 580 card for less with about the same performance. Don't say you need the ASUS card for the white looks because it don't even come with a back plate so all you will see is the ugly PCB board.

FMoh submitter 1 point 6 days ago

Hi zerk,

Would you say SSD is going to be better than a m.2?

This will be use for gaming,

RedWhiteMonkey 1 Build 1 point 6 days ago

You have a locked CPU, which means it cannot be overclocked so there isn't really much point having an AIO cooler and Z370 (overclocking capable) motherboard. If you want to overclock you need a CPU (Intel) with a K ending.

Generally speaking 120mm AIO coolers are no better than air coolers, they are just more expensive. If you are wanting to overclock go for a good air cooler or an AIO cooler of at least 240mm.

The GTX 1060 is getting a bit old now, it is probably worth waiting for the new GTX cards that are due very soon. What monitor do you have, what resolution do you want to play at?

Thanks for your help, I have changed a few things rounds from your advise. Is this looking better? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/FMoh/saved/RN7tgs

I am worried about the cpu cooler as it wont fit in the case? (Double fan)

i7 is great if you can afford it but it is overkill for a gaming build.

The case easily fits a 240mm, I think it will take up to 280mm.

80 quid for three fans seems mad to me, but I'm not that keen on RGB.

Perhaps i should put this in the hand of you if you are willing to take a look for me XD.

Basically i dont mind spending around £1000.

I am wanting a build that will last as long as possible, however i dont mind changing parts later down the line.

I am wanting a pc that i will be able to throw any game at it from GTA - Call of duty - Counter strike ect.

Also like a case with a side window & a black and white theme.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Black and white themed build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor £178.50 @ Aria PC
Motherboard Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard £158.16 @ CCL Computers
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory £99.43 @ More Computers
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive £59.84 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £53.10 @ CCL Computers
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card £329.98 @ Ebuyer
Case Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case £49.36 @ More Computers
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £77.48 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1005.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-14 16:04 GMT+0000

This looks great & Thankyou for your help. i will be looking to buy this in the next few months.

SychicMind 1 Build 1 point 6 days ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor £144.95 @ AWD-IT
CPU Cooler Deepcool - Castle 280 RGB 96.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £107.99 @ Scan.co.uk
Motherboard MSI - B450M MORTAR TITANIUM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard £104.99 @ CCL Computers
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory £134.41 @ More Computers
Storage Western Digital - Black NVMe 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive £106.99 @ Box Limited
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Dual Video Card £228.40 @ Alza
Case NZXT - H400 (White) MicroATX Mini Tower Case £89.99 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply -
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit -
Case Fan ARCTIC - Arctic F12 74 CFM 120mm Fan £4.47 @ Amazon UK
Other GPU Backplate £46.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £968.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-14 13:48 GMT+0000

Complete system overhaul over to ryzen. Also redid your color theme with a backplate and all white stuff. also added a 280mm aio to cool the cpu.

Oh and changed your form factor to mATX

This looks great, would you recommend Ryzen CPU over intel?

SychicMind 1 Build 1 point 6 days ago

just overall better value compared to intel. More cores, more threads and hyperthreading for about the same