add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
0ZWEIL0
  • 12 months ago

I bought a manufacturer refurbished 1060 6gb graphics card to replace my 1050 TI. I kept crashing in games and now my PC wouldn't even connect to my monitor. What should I do. I can't even boot it up. Please help. I don't know what to do. I will try to switch my 1060 with my old 1050 TI and see if it works then. Is this user error?

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

Swap back to 1050 Ti to see if you can get back up and running.

A question, when you installed the 1060, did you first uninstall (DDU) and then reinstall Nvidia driver clean?

Also, did you do custom install of Nvidia driver and only install Graphics Driver and PhysX (and not install 3D Vision, HD Audio, and Geforce Experience)?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

When I put the 1060 in I deleted all of the 1050 TI stuff as well as geforce experience. I just downloaded it but I didn't download it all the drivers when I decided to try out a game. It then crashed once but I got back on and it crashed again and I can't turn it on now.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

When you install Nvidia drivers, by default it usually installs Graphics Driver, PhysX, 3D Vision, Nvidia HD Audio, and Geforce Experience. It is not uncommon for Nvidia's HD audio driver to sometimes conflict with existing audio driver on your computer. Solution is simple to not install it. Not sure if that is the case for your computer, but it could be a simple thing to test.

Since the GPU is refurbished, there may be the possibility that there is something wrong with the 1060. Swapping back to 1050 Ti (and if that works) would indicate you most likely have a bad GPU that needs to be sent back.

Question ... which model 1060 do you have, and do you have PCI-e power plugged in snuggly? What's your PSU?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the 1060 6gb armor ocv1 GPU. when I turn on my computer it lights up and acts like it is going to boot but no input goes to my monitor. I have tried reconnecting the HDMI but nothing works.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like he has an evga b3 450w

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube