add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CMX16GX3M4A1333C9

zonne

12 months ago

I have purchased Asus - M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard with AMD - FX-6300 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor and Corsair - XMS3 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 Memory (CMX16GX3M4A1333C9), a Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 260 896 MB Video Card and FSP Group - 400 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular Fanless ATX Power Supply. With the Compatibility Check: No issues/incompatibilities found. How comes at startup it did not work.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

What do you mean by does not start?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Starting with the basics, can you please clarify "startup did not work"?

• Double-checking, I'm assuming the power switch on the back of the PSU is switched to On?

• Did any of the fans and/or lights on your system come on? Does the PSU fan turn on?

• Did you get anything on the display?

• What's your monitor, and what type video cable do you have connecting the GPU to the monitor? (e.g. are you using HDMI or DVI-I connector?) And just to double-check that your monitor is connected to your GPU, and not the video ports on the back of the mobo, right?

• Is the 24-pin mobo power connector plugged in snuggly (middle-right of mobo), and is the 4-pin CPU power connector plugged in snuggly (top-left of mobo)? Consider re-seating both.

• Are all 4x RAM sticks snapped securely into the DIMM slots? Consider re-seating them all.

• GPU: I think that GPU requires 2x 6-pin PCI-e power to be plugged in, but your PSU only has 1x PCI-e 6-pin power. Is it safe to assume you've used one of the included molex adapters for the 2nd PCI-e power cable?

• System front panel connectors: Can you double-check these, in particular to ensure the PWR_SW from the case front panel is connected to the right pins on the System Panel Connectors? This switch is key to tell the mobo to turn on.

Sorry for the 20 questions. Need just a little more info to assist, and am not sure what you've already tried. Please let us know.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube