add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Won’t turn on

cityfanart
  • 12 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JWPGgw here is my part list So my pc won’t turn on I bought a new motherboard Bc I thought the one I got was dead. After installing everything it still won’t turn on and I don’t know what to do now. I testing my power supply and it turns on when I used a paper clip and connect the green and a black pin it even turn on a two fans that were connect to it. I got a extra one that is a 1000w and it works to and tried using and still nothing. I tried manually turning it on by connecting the power switches. What else can I do?

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

So you are saying you jumped the MB? Try to reseat the RAM, CPU, Graphics Card, etc. And make sure all the cable "click" when you plug them in or plug them in ALL THE WAY.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I checked the cables turns out my motherboard power cables was missing a little cable within it. Cable #13 So now it turns on and I have to buy a dvi dual link to vga Only thing left is Pluging in the power switch cable I don’t think I’m pluginng it in right Bc it doesn’t turn on through the power button I still have to use a flat head screw driver to turn it on

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Check your motherboard manual. There should be a diagram showing what pin is which. There is also labeling in the cable. You should see PWR_SW or PWR or PWR_BT or something like that.

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

Double check the power supply connections, especially the 8-pin CPU power connection.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube