add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should i get an aftermarket cooler?

fishfood32

70 months ago

I don't plan on over clocking now, so is it worth it to get one.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're not overclocking, and you don't mind higher temps and more noise, then no, you won't need one

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

OK thanks.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

"don't mind higher temps and more noise"

So in other words, yes you should get one, lol.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I am going to get one thanks.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Some people are fine with running their CPU at 80C and sounding like a jet engine. Those people don't need a cooler

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't plan on overclocking there is almost no point. However, if do you have an overclock-able CPU you can buy the aftermarket cooler now and overclock if you ever need to, like if the CPU becomes outdated you can still overclock it to make up for that handicap.

• 70 months ago
  • -1 points

yes i have the i5-4570 on a stock cooler and its garbage. its not just the temps but also the way it cools. the fan pulls the air onto the heat sink and just makes no sense, my temps can reach 70 and im not comfortable with those temps. i plan on getting to coolermaster hyper 212 evo its cheap and has good reviews

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

OK that does make a difference.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

what cpu you thinking about getting?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

i7 4770k

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you going to use it for?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube