add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installed new RAM, now BSOD on start up

winona78

12 months ago

I just installed my new RAM on my B350 Tomahawk board, along with the latest BIOS. When I boot, it gives me this error each time... WHEA Uncorrectable Error. Thinking the ram may be faulty, I installed the old set. Same exact BSOD error.

Should I just re-install an older BIOS? Anything else I can try?

Edit: Old ram is G.Skill Ripjaws 2400MHz 2x8GB, New is G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 2x8GB

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd try resetting cmos first. remove the RAM, use a can of compressed air to blow out the ram slots, reinstall the old ram firmly. Try running memtest86 which you can run outside of windows.

It must be working at least somewhat if you are making it into the BIOS.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I appreciate the response. I reset the cmos and did as you said. Nothing, showing the same thing.

Unfortunately, I am typing on a mac and it doesn't look like I can install the memtest86 properly to a USB without a PC.

Every aspect of this PC is lighting up as well, so now I am even more confused. Fans are working correctly as well.

Note: I recently bought the RTX 2080 and installed everything that the MSI live suggested. I read online that this can cause issues if you update the bios after.

Edit#2: I even tried a fresh clean and install and it failed to do that as well.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Edit #3: I kept trying to boot it, and finally it did. Is there anything I should do while it is on? I am completely dumbfounded. This is also the latest bios as well.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Beats me. Maybe make a memtest usb. (Which I’m sure you can do on a Mac but I don’t know how.) Do you have another graphics card to try?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube