add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Moving files from one Hard drive to another

PrAwK

12 months ago

So recently my laptop broke, (wouldn’t boot up, get to Samsung logo then black screen) and I really need to get a selection of files from my hard drive which was in the old laptop into a different laptop and ultimately onto my iCloud Drive. I bought a SATA to usb external enclosure https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/components-and-upgrades/hard-drive-enclosures/dynamode-2-5-usb-3-0-sata-hard-drive-enclosure-10146607-pdt.html and have had little success using it. I started using it with a MacBook, which registered the drive and I could view all the files on it, except it was very slow in loading the contents of the folders (folders with 200-400 RAW photos 5mb), this was very time consuming and frustrating so I decided to use an old windows laptop, running windows 7. This time the drive only occasionally shows up at the G:\ drive, it only says local disk and I can’t access anything inside it. I’ve been to computer management and the disk management only loads when the G:\ drive is not plugged in. In addition to this when it is plugged in, the drive is disabled and when I try to enable it, I get the response windows can’t enable it, code 22. Can anyone help? I just want to transfer around 15gb of photos from the old hard drive to ultimately my iCloud. Would putting the old hard drive into a different laptop work?

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube