add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 1660 ti VS RTX 2060 for 1440p gaming

Jazzy_Mattson

4 months ago

Hey there. Im wondering if i could save some money and go for the new gtx 1660 ti instead of the RTX 2060 for a 1440p setup. Or if the extra cost of the 2060 is worth it.

I will be doing games like Overwatch, Rocket league, Witcher 3, Apex legends and others.

I dont know it will do any difference on the gpu choice but i plan on doing some video editing and 3d modeling/rendering in the future

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the GTX 1660 TI could game at 1440p but obviously the RTX 2060 will do better. I guess if you are planning to save a few then the GTX 1660 TI is worth buying.

GTX 1660 TI

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Overwatch to Witcher is quite a range. If you don't mind turning down the settings a bit on Witcher I think the 1660 Ti will probably do the job. If you want ultra settings and 60+ fps you might want the 2060. The 1660 Ti is roughly a 1070 and the 2060 is roughly a 1070 Ti, so if you can't find suitable FPS demonstrations online for the 1660 Ti, take a look at some 1070 demos at 1440p and that should give you a close-enough idea.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info!

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

For all these games above the GTX 1660Ti should be fine.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

1440p 60hz I'm guessing?

A 2060 / 1660ti won't do 1440p 144hz

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah 60hz. Altough if things get to expensive i wont be too sad to downgrade to a 1080p so that maybe i can get 144hz

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

If you spend most of your time with shooters, I would definitely opt for the 1080p 144hz. 60hz in pvp shooters is a disadvantage. This is coming from ultra competitive fps player at the highest level.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube