add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build-EZ debug VGA led-No signal to monitor

hogfanx
  • 11 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VnY4WD

This is my first build & I am stuck. Here are my components.

My computer comes on. The fans and led lights. The EZ debug VGA led is lit white and it never goes off. I get nothing to the monitor. I'm not sure if there are any led lights on the GPU but nothing seems "lit up". I've went through the checklists posted on here and have come up with no change. The GPU "snapped in', the 6+2 cable is plugged in to PSU, tried 1 stick of ram in both slots, and tried resetting CMOS. I am new to this. What could I be missing ? Everything was bought new except the monitor. It almost seems like a cable issue but I can't be sure ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

This might be a dumb question, but are you sure you plugged the cable into the GPU and not the MOBO?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

It is plugged into the GPU.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

The "VGA" light definitely suggests GPU issue - I have similar diagnostic LEDs on my MB and had a similar problem, for me because I hadn't yet fitted my graphics card!

Have you defo got the right cables from the PSU into the GPU? If the GPU is mounted in the MB, all I can think of is a problem with power to the GPU.

You got HDMI or DisplayPort coming from the GPU to your monitor?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the 8 pin connector at the PSU labeled VGA connected to the GPU with a 6+2 connector?? I have a HDMI cable connected from the GPU to the monitor. I thought the GPU "snapped" into place but I'll retry AGAIN tonight.

Thanks for the help. I will update again tonight.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

One problem I found in my experience would be that the monitor may want you to use the cable that came with it when you purchased it. This was the case with my monitor. This may be a solution if you still have the cable, but if not then I think its safe to say something is up with your GPU. Good luck!

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok guys. Here’s where I’m at. I tried reseating the gpu & checked the cable connection for the 50th time. The VGA light is still lit on the motherboard. I tried a different GPU (Nvidia 1060 3 gb) from another pc. I still get the VGA light but the fan of this GPU comes on. Still nothing to the monitor. Any ideas ? I’m lost.

• 11 months ago
  • 3 points

This honestly has to be your motherboard then. I can't think of anything else that could be causing this.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I’m dealing with warranty now. They want me to try the GPU in another PC and I don’t have one that my new GPU will fit in. It’s extremely frustrating

• 11 months ago
  • 3 points

Dang man well I hope you find a fix.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Apparently it was a motherboard issue. I swapped out the motherboard and it booted first try. This was my first build. Thanks to everyone for the help. Especially Maple Syrup. It’s a helpless feeling when you’ve sunk all that money into the build and nothing happens.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Could this be an issue with the PCI-E slot or the GPU itself ? They are both new. I'm trying to figure out which way to go on returns. I bought both new. Any ideas ? The Radeon RX 580 Armor MK2 will not fit in my other pc so i cant test it there.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube