add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Z77 Extreme 6 speakers

thisGuy97
  • 75 months ago

Anybody know of any good/cheap speakers for the Z77 extreme 6 mobo. I have 2 types of speakers at my hose right now that aren't compatable with this mobo, and now I have to buy some, so I want to make sure they work.

Thanks!

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you consider cheap? $100? $50 etc.

-Tyler

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Hopefully around $25, definitely under $50

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see why they would be incompatible... Any 3.5mm jack will work

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

The two types I have have different colored jacks and go in the back, however they aren't compatible because they're not the right designations of placement

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Right designation of placement? Can you maybe be a little more specific?

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

What are the 2 types of speakers that don't work? What kind of connector do they use?

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

What I mean by this is that the two that I tried are both dell speakers, and they have something like Left Right and center, and my mobo just has Left right and base (I believe). I don't know much about sound systems (as you can probably tell), but a friend of mine looked at it and told me I'd either have to buy a compatible set of speakers, or buy an adapter for it.

Oh, sorry for the late reply too. I've been out of town :/

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

So you have 3 cables? That is pretty weird...

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, one white, one yellow, one black. But I guess the speakers are too old or something to work with the sound ports on my mobo

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Normally a 3.5mm headphone jack works, and its colored lime-green maybe you can link us a picture so we can see what it looks like. =) Here is info on the colors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_card#Color_codes

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know much about sound but could they be RCA cables?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I believe they are RCA cables

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

So, just to be sure: if I buy speakers online or in a store, nowadays they should just have a single 3.5 mm jack?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. Some stores sell RCA speakers, but those are pretty unique and you'd have to specially look for them. You could also look for an adapter...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube