add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My experience with OutletPC

ThriftStoreRaider
  • 11 months ago

Hey guys, I have been wondering if I should even post this but whatevs.

Anyways, I've ordered twice from OutletPC and both times I have not received my order. My first order was in early 2018 for a fan controller. It never arrived, and I didn't really need it necessarily but at the time it would have been convenient to have an extra. What isn't convenient is when your shipment never arrives, but for like 3 dollars I didn't see it as a huge loss.

My second order was for a fractal design fan which I needed for my SG13 build. The only site that had the one I desired was OutletPC. Failing to think about my previous issue with the site, I spent the 20 or so dollars. Unlike before, my tracking number said that it had arrived- 3 days late, mind you, but it claimed that it was at my door. I ended up contacting the site, but I got a reply stating that it was not the site's fault, but the shipping service. I never got that 20 dollars back, which to be honest isn't bad now but is certainly a bit irritating.

I don't highly recommend them- go to Newegg, they are A1.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree, OutletPC can steal thousands of dollars without any remorse.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I've not had any issues with them, I've ordered some components from there for two builds. On the other hand, I've started to detest Newegg. The cut costs on their shipping, they are using base bones (for free shipping) FedEx which transports one's order most of the way but then hands it off to USPS to deliver to your mail box. This approach adds a week to delivery which is pathetic.

I'm in Austin TX and they shipped something from Cali and it took 12 days. No more Newegg for me.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

In Australia we have a business like that. They should have gone out of business years ago, but for reasons unknown they are still going... they are called "Gamedude Computers", I ordered a motherboard from them and got an "equivalent" motherboard, not the one I actually ordered, that whilst it would POST could not install an OS to. Worst of all about them is they don't really do refunds, instead they charge you a restocking fee for an item that they say is fine even though it's broken and it costs you money to send it back to them.

In the finish I bought a MSI motherboard off EBAY for $45 with free shipping, installed my components and install OS, this system still runs 2+ yrs on.

I've also ordered from newegg and found them to be great so far!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube