add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC slow and Blue screen of death

KarmAngel

11 months ago

Hi everyone ^_^

So here's my problem.

My PC is been acting strangely. So the symptoms are:

- Suddently started to take some time to open and load applications (like word, music files, videos, photos, internet in general, playing games);

- Other times won't even recognize my mouse and my speakers (peripherals) but strangely they have power and turn on (but still don't do the work)

- Other times couldn't get pass the windows loading screen

- When turning off the system, sometimes it takes a huge amount of time but ends up failing such task, leading to Blue Screen of Death, with the big message "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" with other messages [that i can't remeber]. So the PC restarts Windows and when i'm on my profile, Windows pops up this message "An unexpected error has occurred"... i click to see more details of it and it says this

Signature of the problem:

• Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

• Version of SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

• Region ID: 2070

Additional information about the problem:

• BCCode: 1000009f

• BCP1: 0000000000000004

• BCP2: 0000000000000258

• BCP3: FFFFFA800CA8D660

• BCP4: FFFFF80000B9A3D0

• OS Version: 6_1_7601

• Service Pack: 1_0

• Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

• C:\Windows\Minidump\030219-40716-01.dmp

• C:\Users\TOSHIBA\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-103725-0.sysdata.xml

What do you guys think? I only can think of OS, or Ram or HDD problems.

Here's the specs of my laptop, Toshiba satellite p50 b 10z:

• Windows 7 (came with 8.1 but it was changed due to other problems)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ
  • Ram: 16 GB (DDR3L RAM (1,600 MHz))
  • Storage: 1TB HDD (5,400 rpm) + 8GB SSD Solid State Hybrid Drive
  • GPU: AMD Radeon™ R9 M265X Enthusiast (completely dead, i'm using Intel® HD Graphics 4600)

I'm looking forward to your opinions/advices. This laptop has been giving me a lot of problems, but since it costed from my pocket, i can't give up on it.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

This is a very generic answer and quite frankly, your issue is beyond my knowledge and expertise but if you can afford to do so, I would personally consider restoring the OS to factory settings and see if that helps. That is typically something that I do when encountering an issue that I am unable to solve. Only downside is that of course, you must reinstall everything again.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that would be my plan... but the last of last. I am expecting something and someone that had the experience to this problem before and actually knows how to deal with it.

If it has to end with a format on my computer, i will have to back up my data first and disable the discrete gpu again.

Thanks for the attention man. Being honest, i was expecting something to start troubleshooting but nonetheless, it's great at least have someone that cares and shares opinions.

This situation just sucks, really... Expecially this laptop! Since the first day, has always given me problems and as the time passes, the worst the problems are. What bad luck that i had to have...

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes of course. I understand, I've had my fair share of laptops and my fair share of issues with them haha. I do apologize for the issues that you're having and I hope you have a resolution to them soon. In this community, I am sure that you'll end up finding someone that can help you out more than I'm able to.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

No need to say sorry. I'm sorry for being so demotivator.

And yeah, nothing is lost. I still have high hopes of surpassing this issue.

Came across to the blue screen of death twice today, just to start windows

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

this can help you with the BSofD

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Slight modification to Step 3 Perform and SFC Scan: Skip the DISM commands since OP has Windows 7.

And the following instructions provide more info on how to run SFC Scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Both of you, thanks ^_^

I will try this out, when i got more time than i usually have (probably, this all process will take maybe a day).

Saved on my favorites. Will troubleshoot this to get this laptop working properly again.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

That sounds like your HDD is dying in some ways, do you have another drive to test with?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunatelly, no... not yet.

Due to this problem be more and more persistent, i plan to make my dream build come to life more sooner than i expected. The reason is to have a storage that i can backup data before doing "surgery" to the laptop.

I also have pressed F8 (during the windows startup and went to an option that let the pc analyze my HDD, but it accused nothing).

Only when i get my build done, i will have the tools to do my troubleshooting

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

My brother's laptop is a Toshiba and it's HDD died 6 months after I bought it. Don't bother trying to claim warranty just buy another drive to put in.

Do you have a USB flash drive?

Try running a live CD distro and see how the system runs, an example is Ubuntu.

Another alternative is "tiny core".

You can install tiny core onto a USB drive, install the programs you need and then you essentially have a portable system on a USB flash drive that you can boot on any system that supports booting from USB. This is also a good idea for doing backups because you can mount the system HDD in tinycore and copy files off.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

My warranty is long gone. This laptop had many other problems that made me regret buying it in the first place.

And thanks for sharing ideas. I will add to my options when troubleshooting. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube