add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
_rastamouse_
  • 11 months ago

So today I used my pc and one of the fans keeps going really loud I have 3 fans and have narrowed it down to the one fan on front of the case itself. The cpu fan is silent as is the fan on the back of the tower. I have cleaned all the dust out. Question is should I be worried or is it more likely the actual fan having issues rather than say psu etc

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 3 points

If it's a single chassis fan having a noise problem, it's generally an isolated issue, unless you've done something particular with your fan configuration.

The fan having problems alone is not indicative of an issue with your PSU or other main system components.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks it does appear to be the one fan although it’s not all the time if I disconnect it no noise problems. It does just sound like it’s spinning really really fast though maybe just buy a new one

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Troubleshooting".

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Put a drop of oil in the fan bearing.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I tried last night after watching some YouTube videos but I’m not sure the bearing is accessible, I took the fan out and the covers off the back but I think it’s below a circuit board in the fan itself I’ll give it a go tonight as it was quite late, thanks!

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I've seen several ways of doing it, sometimes its under a sticker and sometimes you need to drill a small hole.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah thanks I googled it and drilled a small hole. Worked a treat! Although I had already bought a fan, oh well. Guess I have more fans in my case

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I hope you plugged the hole after, I'd just use a sticker or a bit of blu-tack to putty up the hole.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube