add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cant install linux OS on my first build

Truth_4life
  • 11 months ago

Hi all please help me, I build my first computer installed everything correctly turn it on, everything work great. I can get to the bios and mess with the setting, but when i try to boot from the usb stick to load Arch linux the Aorus logo pop up than it go straight to a blank screen with a flashing underscore. Ive been searching on google how to fix it nothing is really helping me out. Ive called Aorus customer service and ive been on hold for two days and counting. Somebody please help me with this issue? do I have to download Grub bootloader? is it just an update fix? Thank you in advance, down below is the link to my pc spec.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/CDdXsY

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I installed ArchLinux from a USB on my own system and it worked the first time for me. Try to make sure you selected to boot from the USB from the BIOS menu (in case it isn't). Try different USB ports (in case you haven't). Make sure the USB cable is really plugged into your motherboard (just in case).

FYI my system is at https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R96LTB

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, ive tried it and it didnt work?

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Like Derp88_, I'm curious if you made a bootable USB or if you copied the ISO to the USB without using Rufus or any other tools

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

i was using unetboot, couldnt use rufus on mac

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you burn the .iso file?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

i was finally able to install it.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I know the USB port is working because it picking it up when i go to the select boot device, i just always end up with a blank screen. I dont know what im doing wrong.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like there isn't a bootloader. How did you create bootable media?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

i was using unetboot but that wasnt working, on my mac i have parallel and i was able to download rufus than it work.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Nice to hear. I don't know too much about all the different Mac tools but I used balenaEtcher.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube