add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEW BUILD WON'T POST

ohConnor

11 months ago

My family member is building my new pc for me and he told me it won't post (start up) and that's all i know for now, he is saying the CPU and RAM aren't compatible with my motherboard but i don't believe that is the case, can anyone please help or suggest any troubleshooting?

Thanks! This is the exact build i purchased https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cKHfBb

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Page 97 of your manual, all the things to try. Everything is compatible.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 11 months ago
  • 1 point

If he thinks the CPU and RAM aren't compatible with your MOBO, you need a new PC builder. That'll probably fix your problem.

I'd have to agree 100% with you on this one.....

If the guy you're having build your brand new PC tells you the CPU and RAM aren't compatible with the motherboard, and they are, then maybe you should get someone else to build it....or maybe try building it yourself.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube