add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Unsurprisingly looking for advice

FancySnancy
  • 13 months ago

looking to get a new PC, and i want to have it double checked one last time,

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor $246.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ B&H
Memory *G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $69.95 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card *Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card $348.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1075.87
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1055.87
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-08 08:06 EST-0500

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Mhm. yup good to go my dude maybe add a cpu cooler but not really neccesarry.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

the stock cooler should be good enough

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah thats why i added that its not necasery.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks ;D, i'll look into that later since i don't plan to overclock any time soon

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you able to push that budget further to secure the Ryzen 2700X? It's $50 more for an impressive boost in clockspeed performance at stock + a higher turbo boost clock to get the best out of the 8-core AMD chip. Also comes with a beefier cooler worth around $30-$40. The budget flex here would also require a X470 mobo for a more refined support vehicle to keep that boost clock from throttling. Alternatively, if overclocking is of interest, drop the 2700 for the 1700X and pair it up with a beefier cooler as both chips deliver the same performance.

If you are tight on budget, "depending on your requirements", you could potentially drop the secondary storage HD for now for a later upgrade.

I'm assuming your 8-core endeavour is a well-informed one. If it's gaming only and basic use-case scenarios, the Ryzen 2600X excels in those workloads.

Besides the above "options", the rest of build looks FANTASTIC! Maybe a couple of case fans to add?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

i've considered more case fans, but we'll see how good the cooling is when i get it,

now that you've said that i'm most likely going to get a 2600x and upgrade to a 2700x (or it's future equivalent) when i know i'm going to make use of the 8 cores, because as of now it's only a thought

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube