add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Before I buy the parts...

leon12321

3 months ago

I've been listening to a lot of feedback by many people across social media and I've ended up with this part list. A mess or not, I would like to see your opinions on the parts. Budget around £600, £500 excluding monitor and I'll be using it primarily for gaming purposes...

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pQxzTB

Also, here's the upgraded version of the build if everything went to plan for my first build...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NHs2cY

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Nearly spot on.

My first build list is the one that I'm going to buy the parts for FIRST.

Then my second build list is the upgraded version of the first with extra stuff. If you see for yourself, you can see that most of the parts in the second build are the same like the MOBO, case and ram sticks.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You would benefit more from having 2x8 RAM instead of 4x4 (trust me I would know) because of dual channel and because of system instability when trying to run 4 sticks at a high frequency.

Hm makes sense but RAM is so expensive right now. Aghh, I'll consider it.

Also I found you a cheaper version of the 570 as well to save on some money.

It's only 7 quid cheaper and ASUS ROG has RGB :D

Just kidding but I feel the ASUS STRIX version is more reliable and safer to bet on than the Gigabyte in terms of build quality but performance wise, I know they're gonna be the same. Also, I've heard numerous times that Gigabyte had installed some dodgy fans in their RX570 so I don't know but a difference of 7 quid is not the end of the world.

I also replaced the extra HDD with a SSD for better performance.

Good idea, I should have done that instead!

You will need to get a fan hub since You'll will end up with 5 case fans and there won't be enough plugs on your motherboard for every fan.

Thanks for the reminder, I totally forgot.

I appreciate the time you've put into trying to help me out with my build, cheers dude!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Never heard of a PSU brand called Sama so I opt to stick with my Cooler Master PSU I found.

However I did change to the MSI Tomahawk as I did hear a lot of great things about that mobo so thanks for that suggestion.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Doesn't support DDR4-3000 memory = not a buy

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube