add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer freezing (almost all new hardware, still freezing)

plutonium_239
  • 11 months ago

I recently upgraded my rig. A day before i added all the components, my computer froze a few times on my old setup. The screen would be frozen and the mouse wouldnt move either, the first couple tims i got a windows message saying there were errors and eventually it would restart. After that it had started freezing completely and the only way to get out of it was to hold the power button. I wasnt too worried because i assumed it was my cpu and i was upgrading soon

After building my new pc and trying two different new ryzen 5 cpus, changing psu, new mobo, new gpu, new ram - the problem persists. The computer freezes soon after logging in. And sometimes it does last for about 20 minutes before it freezes. I have also tried different cpu coolers. I have eliminated everything i could and also installed fresh windows. The only thing remaining is my ssd, could a bad ssd cause such freezing? Even after a fresh format and install ? Is there something im missing?

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

have you checked your memory sticks?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes i have checked them. In 1 configuration the pc would not boot up so i switched them and got it to boot.

After posting i realized my keyboard was the only thing which i changed before my new build, going back to my old keyboard my pc worked for almost a full hour before it crashed once again in the same manner. I have requested an RMA for my ram sticks but im still worried because the problem first happend when i was using my old build with my old ram sticks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube