add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Azkii
  • 11 months ago

I have a Phanteks 400 case, with the I7 6700k, paired with the H110igt cooler. Under load, I sometimes push 70 plus in temp. This seems really high and reviews say this cooler is pretty good. Also, it seems like one of my fans is constantly revving up and down. Side photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu2gSFzDXXJ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

could be fan curves being set to turn on only on a specific temp, also try to figure out which fan is changing RPM

also going past 70C is not that bad under load, while hot it's nothing too worrying, if it's 80+ then you have to start worrying about thermal throttling (which starts are 85 i believe, if it reaches 95C-ish it auto shutsdown)

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

oh wait it's Liquid Cooling, never mind that. 70+ is BAD D: did you apply thermal paste?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the reply man! I found the fan, although I couldn't stop it from revving up. I did, however, switch the front rad to intake mode and seem to be getting temps now :D

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

.................................................... so what your telling me is that you had your Fan taking air out of the case.... do you not know how your case is suppose to work....

ok to put it short you want positive air pressure, aka you want to intake more air then you output, (this causes you to have a flow of Fresh, cool air across your components while also dispelling all the hot heat that you components generate) this causes the hot air to be pushed out the back of your case and fresh cool air to be pulled into it

Negative air pressure is when your outputting more air then your in taking, this causes hot air that is pushed out the back of your case to be pulled back in again which heats up your components

While this link is old, it explains it perfectly (with Diagrams ;D) https://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?tid=wh_positive&area=en

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm fairly new to building. I also didn't build this PC I bought from someone else. That link you provided is amazing and has shed some light on a few questions I had, thank you very much!

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Btw what that articles example with the GPU only applies to blower style cards (which for the most part dont exist anymore) . your card is open air, which means it doesn't blow air out the back, making positive air flow an even bigger requirement

(Although I am shocked it wasn't already set up in that configuration since you bought it pre-made)

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Where do you have your fans connected?

Do you use a fan controller?

Do you have PWM fans (4pin) or regular fans (3pin)?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube