add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

computer GPU and CPU not performing to the max

Kinesis.
  • 11 months ago

ive been trying to play rise of tomb raider and always getting 10 percent or 20 percent less of fps. and my cpu and gpu are not performing to the max as it should be i have 4790k clock at 4.5 and a 2070

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

What % usage do both the cpu and gpu sit at?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

cpu 40 gpu 60

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

What resolution?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

at 1980 ,1080. i should be maxing out at near 150 fps but stand at 70

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

1080p is more cpu intensive

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

what about 1440p?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

10 to 20% FPS compaired to what? In game settings can do that also your connection to the server. Your PC can only process the information as fast as the server sends it. If its waiting on that information it has nothing to do making them not appear not to be working correctly.

Test your system here.

https://www.userbenchmark.com

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Userbenchmark is garbage

Rise of the Tomb Raider is single player, and the ability for your GPU to render frames has nothing to do with server connection

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

could it be bottlenecked by another part maybe?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

your cpu might be bottlenecking your gpu and or vice versa

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

at this point im not sure even with my 980 ti it wouldn't push itself to the limits My full build is

4790k cpu

asus z97-a motherboard

ddr3 corsair dominnators 2x4 1333ghz

2070 evga black

sesonic 650 power supply

westernblack 2tb boot drive

ssd 850 pro all games on this

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube