add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build, pc seems to only want to boot the 2nd time i turn it on.

BigMarst

11 months ago

Hey guys so i got round to building my first PC, watched a ton of guides and took everything really slow and everything went smoothly, apart from a stange issue that im getting. When i connect my PSU cable and turn it on at the wall i turn the pc on and everything comes to life, however the RGB in my case just sticks to white with no effects instead of full colours, i get no power to my keyboard or mouse, and my monitors dont pick up any signal. i have discovered that if i hold the off button on the front panel till it hard reboots, everything works fine, i get full RGB effects in my case, my keyboard and mouse come to life, and my computer boots with literally no issues at all and everything on desktop works.

If i knock off the PSU or turn the PC off at the wall overnight it starts again and i have to hold the off button once to get it to boot properly.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Parts list for anyone interested: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MZbjr6

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

This seems like a power issue. Are ALL of the cables connected properly? You also probably shouldn't unplug it from the wall to turn it off. If you need to turn it off just use the 'Shut down' button in Windows (or whatever OS)

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry for the late reply. all of the cables seem to be connected correctly, if I had messed up the cable connections it still wouldnt fire up correctly after a hard reboot surely? im kinda new to this. i wouldnt knock the power off at the wall when the PC is running ever, i just mean after its shut down properly i like to not leave sockets on overnight just incase you know? propper headscratcher this one eh? cheers

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

What country are you in? The fact that you added cheers leads me to believe it is a European country. That means that the PSU might not be set to the proper current from the wall.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

UPDATE: solved. one of my buddies recommended me a program that searches up all the Drivers that you have installed and checks if they are correct for your hardware. I **** you not i had 37 incorrect drivers installed, changed them for the correct ones and she is running like a dream.

Thanks for your time.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

What was said driver program?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.lifewire.com/free-driver-updater-tools-2619206

It was more than likely one of these. I have used Drivereasy before and it worked pretty well. You think that Microsoft would have more useful information about which drivers are missing or incorrect, but I guess that's why the are a multi-billion dollar company and I make forum posts for free in my spare time “¯_(ツ)_/¯“

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow... I would never have even thought it was drivers, but thinking back that makes sense. Glad we got it figured out.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube