add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The weakest link?

Jim44
  • 11 months ago

Tried to build a budget pc for my son to play Fortnight. We're only getting around 40fps on lower settings. Would someone please recommend a way to improve this? I know it's as low cost as possible but was hoping for a bit more based on videos I've watched. Ryzen 3 2200g Asrock b450 pro4 mobo 8 gb 2x4 kit 3000ddr4 Kingston a400 240gb ssd Msi geforce gt710 2gb Win 10, no over clock

Appreciate any help, thanks

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

The 710 is actually a lot less powerful than the Vega 8 (2200G’s onboard graphics chip)

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GeForce-GT-710-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-8-Ryzen-iGPU/m77649vsm441833

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thanks! I took it to a cp store to make sure things were running right and was told I didn't meet the system requirements. Needed this gpu for $100 to make it work. Can I just remove the gpu? Thanks

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

As long as the monitor you have supports the correct output (HDMI, most commonly), you should be able to use the iGPU.

Do be aware that you may have to wipe the NVIDIA drivers and install the ones from AMD.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey I really appreciate the advice, thank you. Screwing it together was actually pretty fun. Now I'm in over my head. I guess they saw me coming.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like you got scammed, gtx 710 is super dated even for fortnite

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly some stores are dishonest and to be frank I've seen some beauties over the years for just how dishonest...

That 710 isn't worth it at all, the minimum card I would put in a system would be a gtx 950 based on a price/performance comparison. Everything else below that is just garbage. I bought one just recently for about $100 brand new, I laugh at them selling on new-egg for double that 2ndhand/refurbished. So it pays to shop around... the next steps up I personally would consider for GPU would be 1060 6GB and then onto the rtx cards.

• 11 months ago
  • 0 points

Probly the 1660 because its the same price as the 1060 but better

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube