add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Zealand Mosque Shootings

JCMsergox

4 months ago

Title says it all. Im really shaken up at the moment. I made the stupid ******* mistake of watching a liveleak off of 4chan. The shooter livestreamed the whole shooting. Mid panic attack from that at the moment because all I saw was that video happening at my school

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 6 points

I'm not too religious, but I know this person is going to have a special visit with Satan

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

If you are thinking about watching it, don't. It's not just the gore. I really don't want to-- and won't-- go into detail about any of it.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Im really ****** up from watching it. I cant stop shkaing and sobbing

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I watched it as well..I didn't really have any reaction to it, just watched it passively. That in itself should be disturbing, but it isn't. Makes me wonder who I am.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe you’re just one of those people who’s passive to a lot of things. Mass shootings like this in particular just get under my skin

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Didn't watch it myself, but according to someone who did, it looked like a sick, twisted first-person-shooter.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It's truly terrible; words cannot describe

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

I still will never understand why or how people do this. I dunno why we can’t just all see each other as equals and having our only differences being things like gender, religious beliefs, etc. It’s sad that we have people with such a medevial mindset thinking of certain groups of people as lesser. I just cannot understand it anymore.

Haven’t seen the shooting and that probably won’t change just cause of what I’ve heard about it. I know this is gonna spur more talks about “making gun control tougher” which in my eyes still only takes the guns from the people who need them, because if someone wants to commit a crime with a gun, they’ll find a way to get one.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Very well said and I completely agree with your top paragraph here. Its a sad day when your region or color of your skin, or even your gender causes people to want to kill you in mass. Its very disturbing and upsetting.

I won't go into my views about guns. Lol

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I definitely agree that we need to do something about it but the sad reality is that people who want to do harm with them will find a way to get them.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I fully agree with you. Acts of violence against innocent people is just disgusting. It's hard to imagine someones mindset that can kill with malice.

And, I agree with your second point as well. I wish there could have been people that were armed nearby to lessen the body count.

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

It’s obvious this dude wasn’t right in the head for sure but there are people who are more wacko than him, and they aren’t running around doing mass shootings. I hope they don’t whip out the “he was crazy” excuse like they seem to do for most shooters.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

I hope they don’t whip out the “he was crazy” excuse like they seem to do for most shooters.

Completely agree. This severely downplays the severity of what happened.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If he is, he still needs to be locked up. For life. In solitary confinement.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

No, he needs to be executed.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

You are all definitely right, it does not matter what they believe in or how they look like, that does not determine whether they die or not. Let us pray for the ones who died and let us pray for the people who faced loss and the people who witnessed it.

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think it would have led to a net detriment but we can never know because they didn't have the ability to protect themselves.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

As a religious muslim that loves god, I would never expect that an islamophobic that bad would shoot up 30 people from a mosque and record it. People who love their religion making no incidents and disrupting no one are just praying to god get shot down and yet are still called terrorists, what world do we even live in at this point! A whole religion gets discriminated, the second largest religion in the world with the highest convert rate are called terrorists? This is insane.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

The constitution states that all men and women are created equal and now look at this!

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Amen, brother.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

It was horrifying to watch. I just don't know how someone can sink so ethically low that they would be able to slaughter people at that rate, without feeling even the slightest bit of remorse. My prayers to the ones that are still with us and the ones that are not.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

I made the stupid ******* mistake of watching a liveleak off of 4chan

Knew it, OP is an active participating member of /b.

Also why did this person do this? I dont get why someone would do that, for any reason.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Also why did this person do this? I dont get why someone would do that, for any reason.

Because the shooter was sick in the ******* head. Only one treatment of sickos like that, execution.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

We used to put people in mental institutions, but for some reason the government shut those down. I'm surprised he only got 21 years in prison.

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Perhaps, but I don't see it as that. Evil doesn't change. There is only one way to deal with evil.

Those involved should be hanged, drawn, and quartered publicly to set an example.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

This thread as gone well so far

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

No it hasn’t, Tragiktimes101 is right.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm sure I'll get downvoted to death, if the mods dont take this post down: If you want to know the "reason"s the shooter had, you should read his manifesto. You dont have to agree with what he thinks, but you should at least know what he thinks. You should be able to find a link on /b/ or /pol/, if you're that curious.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm sure I'll get downvoted to death

No you wont.

If you want to know the "reason"s the shooter had, you should read his manifesto

Why do all of these mass killers have manifestos?

You dont have to agree with what he thinks, but you should at least know what he thinks

People should learn from history or history is doomed to repeat itself.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to know the "reason"s the shooter had, you should read his manifesto. You dont have to agree with what he thinks, but you should at least know what he thinks.

Yeah, always go to the primary source when available. I'd take skepticism a step further and say that not only do we not have to agree with what they think, but we also don't have to accept that they genuinely believed anything in their own manifesto. Maybe they revealed their thoughts. Or maybe they lied.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

What part of the manifesto do you think they lied about?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not calling anyone a hypocrite, but I'm suggesting that we should always remain skeptical. In terms of causality, it's difficult to prove what people's true motivations are.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

I don't understand. What is there to be skeptical about? His actions online and in real life directly relate to his explanation in the manifesto.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

For all of those who agree that it's not a great thing to see... Sky News over here decided that it would be a good idea to show that video. On live TV. Granted it's a pay TV channel, but apparently it's been shown in hospitals and airports and aged care facilities and other places full of people who don't need to see that.

There's definitely quite a lot of things that should be said here. I don't even know what they are. Turns out the shooter was from Australia and he had been planning the attack for over 2 years. Basically the very definition a terrorist, but I have a funny feeling the media here won't use that word.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Well… several world leaders are using that word, so we'll see.

And apparently several free to air stations showed the footage as well. Australian news TV is getting weird.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree it's odd to see the media showing this televised. I think a decent amount of what fuels attacks is the known coverage there will be on evil acts like these. I almost feel like we should put soundbyte limits on how much, or how long, can be dedicated to speaking about things like this on the news. Like, limit news companies to one minute of time per day to report events like these (just a half thought out example). None of this 24-hour long coverage turning these monsters into infamous celebrities.

But, that may stifle the 1st Amendment and thus may not be possible (although requesting they do this rather than forcing them would be fine).

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm referring to Australia specifically where we don't have any such numbered amendment. We have kind of a problem with this sort of thing, to be honest. The media's been giving a lot of airtime to white supremacist types lately and normalizing them and as you say, turning them into infamous celebrities, and it's kinda weird.

They haven't been having interviews with the shooter himself going "look at this far right political commentator" but they've been very close to doing so and at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they did that. I feel like there should be some kind of line drawn somewhere with free speech, and I know that the government censoring valid speech is an issue, because the Australian government does that. But then they consider "don't have hate speech" to be an attack on free speech.

I do kinda feel like that's all had a role in this, although it's hard to tell.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

It may have. There are extremists on both sides of the aisle. I don't agree that there should be restrictions on speech, as there is no authority that wouldn't abuse such a restriction. But, I feel like society needs to play their part and defeat 'hate speech' with well-articulated rebuttals to dissuade others from sharing those opinions. It's the best we can do, really.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I was actually surprised by that too, wasn't expecting the media, or world leaders, to call this person a terrorist.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course he's terrorist. What did you expect?

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

My wife was scrolling through Discord and we saw part of the live leak. Now, I'll preface by saying I'm no fan of Islam. But, what that man (or people - heard there may be more) did was disgusting. Nobody deserves to be treated the way he treated those innocent people. I may disagree with Islam ideologically, but people are people and deserve to be treated with respect and have a right to life.

I wish someone would have been able to stop him sooner.

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

As a strong islamic believer, I say you are right. I disagree with the part of not liking islam becuase it is almost identical to christianity. (The difference is that we don't think that Jesus is the son of god and that Maryam is his wife, we just believe that jesus is maryam's son and that Jesus was one of the prophet's of god.)

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

islam becuase it is almost identical to christianity.

Don't agree with that one since christianity follows the new testament and the difference between the koran and the new testament is huge.

But thats another topic.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

(or people - heard there may be more)

I believe they said they have apprehended 4 people at the moment.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

I saw that. Not sure how many of them were directly involved in the shooting. But I hope everyone involved is drawn and quartered in the streets. Examples must be set.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

I hope so as well.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I said something about it on twitter, by if I was the arresting officer in that situation, as soon as I had him in custody I wouldn’t bother with reading his rights or regulations. I would unholster the gun in my waist and execute him on the spot.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure about summary executions. Always the possibility that you have the wrong perp. But, once due process has been carried out, take 'em out back and hang 'em.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

if I was the arresting officer in that situation, as soon as I had him in custody I wouldn’t bother with reading his rights or regulations. I would unholster the gun in my waist and execute him on the spot.

That's a dangerous precedent to set. Sometimes who the perpetrator is is intuitively obvious. Other times, it may seem obvious, but you actually have the wrong guy.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 2 points

all I saw was that video happening at my school

The realization that the world can be a very messed up place and heinous atrocities or natural disasters or tragic accidents can happen to you or those you know or to your city... It's one thing to know it can happen, it's another to fully appreciate what that means.

In my opinion, it isn't worth living in fear. We can't account for every outcome, prepare for everything that could happen. It's important to appreciate what life you have and do what you can.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

New Zealand attack

It's an incredibly atrocious terrorist attack, and my heart goes out to those affected. Words can't express everything I want to say.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw a video a few years back of a beheading. It was very disturbing, not at all what I thought it would be like.

I don't see how anyone can just murder people like that, and be so calm about it, it is like looking at pure evil.

I'll not seek this video out.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I kinda felt like I HAD to watch the video when I saw it was available. I don't think I made a mistake watching it, that type of stuff doesn't get me super scared, but I will say it took me a while to go to sleep after watching it. There isn't much to say about what happened that hasn't already been said, but I really wouldn't recommend watching the video.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

And they continued to stream the video!?!?!?!?!?

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Bruh, I'm just not gonna watch that video, I'm a muslim and if I where there, I would be the first one down'

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

I seriously suggest you or anyone else not to watch it. I watched part of it and its pretty ****** up and this is coming from a guy who has seen some ****** stuff in real life and online so trust me.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

I've seen the video, and honestly the most ****** up thing about it is this guy just doesn't give a ****. What has to be messed up with your head to think like that?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

*down.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

slaughtered them like they were animals.

...careful there.

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll save you the emotional heartache. Think of walking through a hallway shooting everyone in said hallway from 5-10 feet away as if they were animals without any malice, shooting those trying to crawl away in the back while walking over their bodies as they scream in fear and panic.

That's what a mass shooting looks like, and it's horrible.

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

4chan... ...shut down

Seeing the fact this shooter was an active /pol/ user, and what people in other threads had to say about the shooters motives (very few were against him, many chose to celebrate his actions as “heroic”.) I have no sympathy. The world could definitely do without that site.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

a lot of people on 4chan are just edgelords. I could see 8chan celebrating it, but I thought 4chan had some standards.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

The shooter was from 8chan specifically. But... these days, 4chan really doesn't. Of course they'll celebrate it. Whether or not they're being "ironic", who knows... not that it really makes a difference.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

4chan and standards don't mix well. I saw only about maybe 1 in 5 people on a given thread on /b/ about the shooting saying something along the lines of "This dude is ******". The other 4 were worshiping him.

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

4chan is up and LiveLeak is down due to too much traffic.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

4chan and LiveLeak are shut down

4chan doesn't just shutdown, they will live on whether or not the site exists or not.

Personally its better to keep the 4chaners mostly on one site instead of having a bunch of edgelords flooding every forum they can get their cheeto dust covered hands on. The mindset of 4chan is mostly internet based and cannot be easily censored, thats why its still around.

Let's how many people assume im someone that i support them or some other BS

Liveleak is easily replaceable, it's just the go to site because who needs proper moderation?

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 2 points

I personally think 4chan is kind of like an initiation process that everyone that is internet savy eventually visits at least once in their lives.

Those that stay are stuck at the stage where you have to learn that there are edgelords and evil people on the internet and theres nothing you can do about it. Only except they dont learn that but learn to be the hurdle for others to cross.

I remember my first and last time on there, being 7 on 4chan really changes you as a person.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

I remember my first and last time on there, being 7 on 4chan really changes you as a person.

Being 12 and watching 2 girls 1 cup is a pretty life-changing event as well.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I was 14, and o man i nearly ended a friendship with the person that showed it to me because she was evil like that. I got her back by telling all of her friends she looked like one of the "actresses", oh freshman year, good times, good times.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube