Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

I'm not completely sure if this CPU cooler comes with an am4 mounting bracket, does it?

Comments Sorted by:

xPat 3 Builds 4 points 10 days ago

From the cryorig site -

What's In The Box
AM4 Mounting Plate x 1

therewherenonamesavialiibly submitter 1 point 10 days ago

ohhh ooops, thanks : )

xPat 3 Builds 1 point 10 days ago

Haha, no worries :D

FWIW I had a m9 (single fan) for my 1600x and was never really satisfied with the temps, but that could be due to poor airflow in my case too.

Was it any better than the stock cooler? I need a CPU cooler to cool my ryzen 5 2600, Maybe you could suggest a few air coolers that are less than $50 Aus dollars?

xPat 3 Builds 1 point 10 days ago

1600x never came with a stock cooler so I can't tell you from personal experience but iirc reviews the m9 was much better.

I like the look of these coolers, I would guess the best would be the hyper 612 given its size/more heat pipes but I've not checked for reviews.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/PJYXsY,WBmxFT,cwPzK8/

ok thanks

BaronMunchausen 2 Builds 1 point 9 days ago

The Cryorig M9a does come with the AM4 bracket. The box should say AM4 either on the upper right corner (sticker) on in print on the bottom front of the box. Bought one for my MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC to fit in a TT V1 case. It is a really awesome cooler and I am happy with it.

Took a bit to realize that when used it might be slightly loose in the MB untill you actually put the cooler on the CPU and actually tighten it down, which then the bracket will firm up. The reason, it seems, is to make sure that there is equal force when the coller is put on the CPU and there is no uneven force around the cpu/cooler connection.