add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My new motherboard won't boot

oatyboy

11 months ago

Part List

AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor MSI - B450 Gaming Plus ATX AM4 Motherboard G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 3 GB SC GAMING Video Card

My new motherboard won't boot. I get 3 flashing led's when I push the power button for the boot, vga and dram but not cpu. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

IS your monitor plugged into the video card or the onboard video on the motherboard, it needs to be plugged into the gpu if you have that installed, if thats not working, take out the gpu and plug into the motherboard, that ryzen chip has onboard graphics.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

^^^, also make sure you plug in the PSU cables correctly

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

They all seem to be plugged in properly. The cpu led on the motherboard isn't reacting at all so I wondering if it's something wrong with that?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Try to start your PC with a screw driver (just google it, it checks to see if the problem is simply the case power button being broken/plugged in incorrectly)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube