add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RTX 2060 v 2070

B1GFOOT

3 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y6FJ3b

I am going to build this pc but I am trying to decide if going with a 2070 for 150 more dollars is worth it or just stick with a 2060? I will be playing mainly FPS games online like Rainbow Six Siege and Apex Legends and am wanting to get a consistent 100+ frames on medium to high settings on 1080p preferred (im only interested in 1080p gaming). Can I get that by just using a 2060 and or would the investment of the 2070 be worth it instead?

Thanks!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I was getting 100+ consistent FPS in R6 on a GTX 970 using "competitive settings". An RTX 2060 is going to get 250+ with those same settings, so unless you have a 240hz monitor, anything over your current refresh rate is going to be mostly a waste.. With that being said I would go with a 1660 Ti (200+ FPS in Sige w/ same settings) and use that $75 for better/faster/tunable RAM or save it for a Ryzen 2 CPU that will be released in a few months (that will work on your motherboard)..

With that being said, an overclocked 2060 can achieve within 5% performance of stock 2070. The only downside is having 2GB less memory. However, 6GB is more than enough for the foreseeable future at 1080p.

I can go even more into depth with considerations and thoughts on this subject, but to answer your question straight up with the information you've given...

RTX 2060.

• 3 months ago
  • 0 points

Decent Video

This video kind of shows that buying over a RTX 2060 with a Ryzen CPU becomes kind of pointless. I'd just stick with a RTX 2060 but a RTX 2070 is the max I'd pair with a Ryzen CPU at 1080p. A RTX 2060 should give you 100fps in both of those games. My 1700X and a GTX 1060 6gb on low/med gives me 100+ fps on Apex.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube