add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
DatPanMan
  • 14 months ago

recently i found had that many games that i want to play require a x64 bit OS and i have a x84 how in the world do i downgrade it and not have to some sketchy website

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you running now? Do you have a Windows 10 license by any chance?

Side note: It's more of an upgrade. You'd be running 32 bit right now and would need to completely reinstall with the correct version.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

this isn't a down grade actually.

you are currently running a 32 bit operating system, you need to run a 64 bit operating system.

i too would like to know what you're running currently and if you have a windows 10 license

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

^^ an x84 OS system means it's 32 bit, systems physically cannot be 86 bit unless it has bits that are disabled (it goes by binary 2 4 8 16 32 64 128)

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

It would be a upgrade, 32 bit to 64 bit. And to do so you would need to completely reinstall Windows. Also 32 bit Windows has been basically non existent for a long time (since most software that is "requires" 32 bit can be ran on 64 bit and only old legacy software has that issue) so I'm guessing you have Windows 7, I never heard of anyone having 32 bit Windows 10. Since I'm assuming you have Windows 7 you might as well upgrade to 10 now since MS is ending support for 7 after this year iirc.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

i know i have windows 10 and i dont know much about OS things and what a lincnce is and its X84 bit it says its in system details

[comment deleted]
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I also have that with a PC if I understand right, its a vista AMD 64 X2 but oem put 32bit windows on it. Problem is it has a fake sata that is really IDE so it can't talk to the drives, and can not use SSD. So while I have run 64bit linix on it before just fine, its not worth trying to upgrade which is a full install. And it likely can't run win10 that well anyway plus will be stuck on a hdd. I'll figure out what to do with it once my new PC is built. I thrashed it for over a decade, I can't complain one tiny bit, and it still browses ok but of course I usually use one of the other PCs lol.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube