add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrading to Windows 7

BeauBishop
  • 74 months ago

I have an older pc that has windows xp. I've noticed that windows xp is no longer supported. Is there any way I could upgrade to windows 7 for free? Thanks.

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

Time to give linux a try...

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Not for free though, although Microsoft was giving incentives to upgrading a few days ago

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

unless you somehow get it using a promotion or have student benefits.....no....

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea... you missed out of the upgrade deals within the past few weeks.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. You'd have to buy a new license for Windows 7. And before you do that, you should make sure your old PC will run it. Take a look at the system requirements and make sure you don't just meet but exceed them by a good margin.
If not, it's probably time for a new PC unless you want to try Linux instead which is secure and totally free! I can't help much when it comes to choosing which version to install, but lots of other people can. And it is known to have pretty low hardware requirements.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube