add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC Turning off and on while playing games

jimmyruffo

10 months ago

Ok, I'm pretty sure its power supply but I will give you the run down. Lately, its been turning off and on really fast while playing games. I've tried running the aida64 stress test aswell as video editing on premiere but it wouldn't reproduce the shutdown. I've had this power supply since the end of 2015 and its been all good until now. As I said, I'm pretty sure this is the power supply but is there any way I can check? I don't want to go out and buy a new psu and to find out its actually not the psu.

PSU: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Wk2kcf/thermaltake-power-supply-sp650pcbus My Build: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/jimmyruffo/saved/zcWnHx

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I also believe it may be the PSU, or perhaps the GPU. Is there a specific game/set of games that creates the shutdown?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope just any resource intensive game

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Looking at your parts list, it seems that it is indeed the PSU or the GPU. Try moving the GPU to another PC and testing the same games there. That'll allow you to ensure whether it is the GPU or PSU.

• 10 months ago
  • 0 points

Power supply, run both the teest at one time and stress both the CPU and GPU at the same time.

Or run MSI kombuster and OCCT at the same time.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube