add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The rig I am currently saving for has an i5-8600k. I don't know which GPU - 1660 ti or 1060 6GB (any other 6GB or 8GB cards under $270)

RayvenOne1

5 months ago

As noted above, any Radeon cards work as well as long as they won't be bottlenecked (or the other way around) and are under $270! I will link it here https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KqpXcY

Cheers,

RayvenOne1

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

a 1660ti is fine for this build. the moniter you picked has freesync so i would try to take advantage of that. (i dont know how nvidia gpus use freesync so your on your own for that)

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

k thank you

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

(i dont know how nvidia gpus use freesync so your on your own for that)

They require a Display Port that supports Freesync on the monitor and to be connected by a Display Port cable.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

so if the moniter does not have a displayport than nvidia cards can't use it, correct?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

They cannot benefit from the frame rate syncing tech.

AMD allows frame rate syncing over HDMI 1.4 or later but that is totally done by their drivers and is outside of the VESA standard.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The 1660 ti should be more than fine for your use, as it sometimes even outperforms the 1060 6GB in some tasks.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I like how no one has mentioned that you shouldn't buy an 8600k with how cheap rzyen is getting (nor a 120mm aio)

For 1080p 75hz a 2600 / 1600 is more than enough

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qKfYjy

Easy way to save $200 and not have the most budget motherboard.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Might want to swap the board on that no VRM heatsinks and that power delivery is known to throttle under heavier loads even without overclocking.

You can also save even more with the 1600/1700 and 300 series motherboards being cheaper currently.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube