add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rebuilding a fallen pc

dillanh1815

10 months ago

Last week I was moving and my PC fell on the ground. It wouldn't start so I took it apart and rebuilt it. It kept turning off and on but not connecting to my monitor so I played around with it and found out if I moved my ram to another slot my PC would now stay running and let me use it a little. The only problem is it will reboot randomly but everything else will continue to run. I don't know if I need to do anything in the bios or anything because I moved my ram. Any help on what to do would be great. I have already taken it apart a few more times and checked for loose cables.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd would start by figuring you either cracked the mobo or it broke a mem stick. I'd get it going and press on the mobo a little with non metal thing like toothbrush or plastic something and see it if freaks out. Double check all plugs and mount screws, re-seat everything first, look closely for damage, etc. See if mem works only in certain slots, or only certain sticks work. If mobo seems good see if you can borrow mem out of another PC and see what that does. It could be something else like the PSU hard to say, usually its physical damage when I have seen it.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Troubleshooting".

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube