add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Long load times in games and 8gb of ram reserved

VANZ_33

10 months ago

Okay, so my friend is not computer savvy at all and didn't know what anything was so it was a painful process for him to tell me his specs. He has a 1060 6gb, Ryzen 5 1600, 16gb of RAM, and a 1tb SSHD. It takes him around 10-20 minutes to load into this game called Rust. For me even when I had a regular hard drive it took me only like 5 minutes. I can't seem to figure out the problem we've tried some things but didn't work. Also, he has 8gb of his 16 that is hardware reserved but I don't know what that means or what that deals with.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

10-20 minutes really isn't bad for Rust, lol.. Tell him to grab a semi-decent 240/480 GB SSD for $30-50 and his load time will drop down in the <5 minute range.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

10-20 minutes really is bad and I’m not talking about just loading up the game. I’m talking about just loading into a server. A sshd is faster than a hdd but yet he has longer load times than when I had my games on a hdd. But the most concerning thing for me is the 8gb reserved memory.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

he could have plugged it into an older generation sata cable, but even then that shouldn't limit a hard drive

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

From what I have gathered. It's either because your RAM is mismatched (Different RAM modules) or that your motherboard doesn't support your RAM and thus gives you these kind of errors.

One have suggested that you should run: "sfc /scannow" in elevated command prompt (Administrator). It might work or not, but it could be worth a try.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

it's the same ram and is supported I checked, but I'll let him know to try that,

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube