add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC build not getting power

mcbvasectomy
  • 10 months ago

Started my new PC and just got the last parts in, set it all up but my psu isnt getting tripped by the power button on my case. I have tried doing the paper clip test on my psu and its fan started up but once i plug it in to my motherboard it won't turn on. I've tried tripping the psu manually by placing a copper washer against the power switch pins on the motherboard but it hasn't worked yet. All of my parts are fresh out of the box and should all be compatible.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you turned the psu on at the back?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes i have

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Is everything that should be plugged in, plugged in?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Consult your motherboard manual to make sure you are tripping the right pins on your motherboard IO headers.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

to add on to this, it should be the pins where you put your front panel power button.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

This, and use a flathead screwdriver, in my experience it works every single time, vs a paperclip being hit and miss

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

are you sure its even a actual PSU or a fake made by the government

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube