add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELPPPP GTX1080 R5-2600 16GBram @3200mhz. LOW FPS

MyyNameIsZac
  • 10 months ago

I recently built my pc. First time

And After all my drivers are installed I play R6 on ultra and I’m at 100-110 fps or sometimes I’m on 140. But when I’m on medium. I still hit 140. And I’ve been told by someone their 1060 is running better than me atm. My memory is deffinantly running at 3200. And I’m thinking of over clocking my cpu? I also have a 35” curved 2160x1080 monitor

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Please, look at this guide to understand why your PC doesn't perform as you'd expect it.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

R6 on Ultra with a 2160x1080 monitor at 100+ FPS on a GTX 1060 is actually very good.

That monitor is pushing about 11% more pixels than a standard 1080p monitor and running at 1080p on Ultra, a nicely clocked GTX 1060 will get 120+ (example from TPU). So with that being said, since you are pushing 11% more pixels than standard 1080p and you are still getting 100-110 means that you are very much where you should be.

Edit: Thanks to Zerk, I see now that you have a 1080 and I read your post wrong. With that being said, go into the graphics settings of R6 and set them to the "ultra" preset (don't change anything else), apply, and then run the benchmark and let me know the results.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

He has a gtx 1080.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

You seem to be running a little low but not alarmingly so. It is likely the CPU is being the limiting factor here.

I have a GTX 1080 on my laptop with a i7-7820HK processor and R6 is running at speeds similar to yours, I post approx 110-120fps give or take on a 144HZ 1080p panel. Given R6 is an older title, probably applying most of the computational resources on 4 single threaded cores, the Ryzen 5 2600 is not likely to be a great deal better than the i7-7820HK in gaming realm - probably 10% faster on older titles. Your GTX 1080 will outperform the Laptop version, 10% or so faster. Taking a wild guess, you should be around 130fps or so given what you have. I think you may be within the margin of error here.

My wife's i7-7700K build with GTX 1080 runs the game around 30-40fps faster than the laptop. Mind you I OC'd that i7 to 5.1GHz and the GTX 1080 was OC'd to near breaking point.

You are not a zillion miles away, may be necessary to tweak up CPU clock speed.

If you are changing settings without getting fps increases, it appears you are limited by your processor speed here. Unlikely anything wrong with your GPU. Unlikely anything wrong with your CPU and RAM either. Try an overclock to squeeze a few more fps. If you hit the wall then so be it. You can always double check the CPU performance on Youtube, I am sure someone on there has a 1080 paired with it.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

In the Nvidia Control Panel, how high is the upscaled resolution set to? If it's really high (like 4K or 8K) reduce it to the resolution of your monitor.

(I recall this helping someone who was only getting ~40FPS on a 1080ti)

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

For that game and your processor that looks about right to me.

CPU limited.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

maybe oc ur cpu?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube