add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How does "Comment Karma" work

TARUNRMAROONR

5 months ago

On PC part picker when I checked my profile it said I have 11 comment karma. What does that mean and how do you get comment karma. Is it bad or good.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 7 points

How many upvotes and downvotes you have earned e.g 50 upvotes and 30 downvotes would equal 20 karma. It is good since it allows you to spend karma on the secret karma store to buy stuff. But you need a minimum amount of karma to view the store which is probably why you are just learning about it.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, see my account description for more information.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I dont think i will ever get to gold rank ZFGeek.....

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

lol yeah, I literally typed that up in 10 minutes during the last topic about comment karma...

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I liked it, to be honest, lol

• 5 months ago
  • 6 points

Well, Karma is what gives a PCPP User his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Its like dark matter....

• 5 months ago
  • 5 points

Someone more qualified to answer this question will be with you shortly. I do ask that you prepare yourself for what is about to come.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Kek

• 5 months ago
  • 5 points

you can get them by helping people with computers, but the primary method is stupid jokes

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

and Star Wars memes

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Karma? Karma is no good out here, need something more real!

Kill me please

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Karma will do fine.

Me you and Gork have kinda run this joke into the ground but oh well.

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

Not to worry, we’re still flying half a meme!

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

Its how people determine their value on this site

Oh wait, thats true.

Anyways you get more karma from the amount of upvotes ( or downvotes ) you get in your posts. The more your posts get upvoted the higher your karma is. You gain 1 karma for every upvote one of your comments gets. Conversely you lose 1 karma for every downvote one of your comments gets.

Generally the longer you've been on this site and the older you are as a person the more karma you get from your posts. ( from what iv'e seen ) It also doesn't hurt to have some knowledge of PC's!

Also if you get enough good boy points you get access to the karma store, but that's all the information im legally allowed to say on that matter.

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

Also if you get enough good boy points you get access to the karma store, but that's all the information I'm legally allowed to say on that matter.

Yes, there was an incident where the Karma Store was leaked to public domain. It was messy. This was the most obscure, albeit most important event which led to the first World War.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Many part picker lists died that first day alone. So many GPU's got destroyed it lead to the great GPUression of 2018. Which also happened during the fortnite boom, so many GTX 1050TI's and GTX 1050's were purchased during this time. Tensions got so high it leaked into the homeland forums, kids h8ing their parents to being unfairly downvoted, it was the bloodiest conflict in history.

Proof? This is the internet take every everyone says as fact.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, jokes aside, when it got leaked I feared people would setup gangs to take down my karma score.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Once you get enough you can trade points for irl items in the secret karma store.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Comment Karma is love.

Comment Karma is life.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks! Hopefully the "karma store" doesn't sell illegal drugs or something.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

That’s the Gorkbucks store

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

He sells some mean lines of thermal paste

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

He also sells Impossible burgers, Korean BBQ and Arctic fans

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

it sells scooby snacks

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

No really does the Karma store exist outside of your imagination.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

It's treason, then.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

HOW DARE YOU DOUBT THE GREAT KARMA STORE! THE KARMA GODS LOOK DOWN UPON YOU WITH GREAT ANGER!

honestly, though, it is imaginary, at least until Philip creates one. Maybe the theoretical Merch store will have a Karma rewards system...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube