add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Way to test mobo failure?

thisGuy97
  • 74 months ago

So I have had my computer built for about 3 weeks now. all of a sudden, when I turn on my computer, the fans and LEDs go on for a split second and then go back off. I've tested the power supply and it works, so I believe my motherboard failed. Is there a way to test just the motherboard by itself to see of it did fail? It is the Asrock z77 extreme 6.

Thanks!

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Take everything out of your case and test with just your CPU and 1 stick of RAM. If it still doesn't work, or at least give you a error LED somewhere, it's the motherboard

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, it's the motherboard. Gonna have to return it. Thanks for the help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube