add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any experience buying used parts from Amazon Warehouse?

Pharen

24 days ago

Saw a very good deal for a used gpu in "very good" state, wouldnt be a third party so just wanted to hear any stories to see if its worth the try..

Comments

• 24 days ago
  • 3 points

If you are buying directly from Amazon on the warehouse, if you have any problems their return policy and procedures are excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about Amazon customer support (which is very rare).

• 23 days ago
  • 2 points

Sounds good, thank you for your comment

• 23 days ago
  • 2 points

Bought a gtx 1070 from amazon warehouse during the mining craze where brand new they were up in the 700+ got it for $300 never had any problems with it best card ive ever owned

• 23 days ago
  • 2 points

wtf thats a really great deal! thanks for your input

• 22 days ago
  • 2 points

Usually the ones that says "Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged."

Are usually good deals.

You can really save up on things when "packaging is damaged" (the contents inside might be new after all).

Such was the case for me when buying a motherboard that was around $150+ and I ended up buying it for just 99 bucks in new condition. What was "used" and "very good" was the box itself lol.. The motherboard was completely new.

• 18 days ago
  • 1 point

Yup, I ended up getting a Samsung 860 Evo and it only mentions that the packaging will be damaged. So it really sounds like a good deal to me!

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

I bought a fantastic tp-link n450 router from amazon warehouse for $17 years back. It works so good I am still using it and the new one I bought is still sealed lol. It looked like new, worked great. I stream firestick on other end of house no problem, given at 1080. Really should get my ac router going. I bought a few other things on there mostly from amazon a very few from 3rd party sellers. Usually I am not going to buy used for a ~10% discount I see too often on there. For some things its a great deal I think, just note your return options sometimes they don't give you much time. Some things you could tell they were tried and sent back, maybe a slight scratch/smudge on it or something minor. This router was perfect but I didn't care as it sits away in a corner and I don't look at it, and budget was tight at that moment. If you can return it for not functioning, I'd have no issue with a GPU. Even with a glass case you can't see the card well. Given return times I doubt they would take something with many hours on it.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the advice!

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

I'd be careful of used 3rd party of course, if there is used on there. I found the amazon supplied warehouse stuff to be new returns. I go to ebay for used. It really irks me now that everyone has to list everything on their sites, its harder to know what you are getting and you have to check every detail. Try to buy a new 2-3tb hdd lol.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, normally I would be more ware of 3rd party but this one is the amazon warehouse so thats why I'm considering it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube